As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell has been established to redress the genuine complaints. The Cell deals with issues relating to sexual harassment. The committee is formed to prevent sexual assault, rape and other related crimes on girl students.
What is Sexual Harassment?
For this purpose, sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) such as:
- Verbal or Physical threats.
- Insulting, Abusive, Embarrassing or Patronizing behavior or Comments.
- Offensive gestures, Language, Rumors, Gossip or Jokes.
- Humiliating, Intimidating, Demeaning and/or Persistent criticism, Open hostility.
- Suggestive comments or Body language.
- Isolation or Exclusion from normal work or study place.
- Publishing, Circulating or Displaying pornographic, Racist, Sexually suggestive or Otherwise offensive pictures or Other materials.
- Unwanted physical contact, Ranging from an invasion of space to a serious assault (The above list is not intended to be exhaustive).
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the committee
- Unsavory remarks
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment
- Innuendos and taunts
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings
- Forcible physical touch or molestation
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy
Anti Sexual Harassment Cell assures all the complaints of the students, teaching and non-teaching staff by maintained confidentiality.
False Reporting: Intentionally making a false report or providing false information will face disciplinary action.
For any Complaints, Queries & Assistance
Prof. Yasmeena Gull
Submit your Complaint here